Academic faculty recruiting, retention and success
A diverse faculty is crucial to fostering innovation, welcoming broad perspectives and mentoring students from a range of backgrounds.
UC supports a number of initiatives to cultivate future faculty from backgrounds that have been underrepresented in higher education. The university is also leading efforts to make academic culture and hiring more inclusive.
- President's Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- Faculty diversity policies
- Faculty diversity reports and analyses
- Systemwide Advisory Committee on the Status of Women (SACSW)
- Campus faculty diversity initiatives
- UC Riverside, Cluster Hiring Initiative